Are You KIDDING Me With This???

Sunday, February 19, 2006

McDreamy, my ASS!

I try not to watch too much tv. For a while, after Turtle was born, I was back and forth between VH1 and Food Network all day long. I was convinced that Turtle was either going to grow up to be a groupie or a chef, but I couldn't stop myself. It just sucked me in. Now, however, if I'm watching tv, it's usually the Disney Channel or an animated movie. And I feel like I'm the one that's suffering from some sort of weird brainwashing experience, because I find myself singing the "what did you learn?" song from JoJo's Circus at random and completely inappropriate moments. That is probably why I find myself living for Sunday nights. Sunday nights are all about Mommy's tv show. Sunday nights are all about Grey's Anatomy.

I can't wait for Sunday nights. I think about how awesome it would be to have Bailey in my life and how much I want to give George a hug. I create my own little fantasies about hanging out with Christina and putting the moves on Burke. And then there's Patrick Dempsey. Oh, good god, do I love me some Patrick Dempsey. Love. LOVE. But Patrick Dempsey's character? McDreamy? Oh, good god with the hate. Haaaaaaaaaaaaate. HATE.

This man can not make a decision to save his life and it drives me up a wall. I want to like him, I really do. But I can't live with the wishy-washy crap. Dear God, man, commit to something. ANYTHING. Just stop jerking people around. It's so unbecoming.

I know I shouldn't be so invested in the lives of fictional characters, but I believe this is some sort of genetic weakness of mine. I can't stop. I think about what they need to do to fix their lives. I agonize over their hurts and celebrate their triumphs. Yesterday, in the middle of Joann's, I actually sang the Stargate SG-1 theme song to my mother in the scrapbook embellishments aisle. Yes, it has words. Yes, I'm a total geek for knowing them. No, don't judge me. I'm invested, people!

So McDreamy is breaking my heart by being so unforgivably indecisive. I'm in the minority of people who actually like his wife on the show, Addison. And I would like to see him make it work with her, but at this point, even if he dropped Addison and went back to Meredith, I'd be happy, so long as he ACTUALLY dropped her instead of dropping her, but still taking every opportunity to smell her hair and share meaningful glances with her in the elevator. I know, I know...I'm taking this too seriously. But if this keeps going on, the next thing I know, I'm going to be finding some excuse to fly to Seattle and talk some sense into that man. It shouldn't be hard to find him. I know where he works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home