Are You KIDDING Me With This???

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Calvin? Really?

I have to be honest...I'm probably not going to post much today. We're having breakfast with Mama and Papa Jo and then heading out to the Renaissance Festival. Truly, you have never lived until you have experienced the Renaissance Festival in the desert. There's nothing like coming home from a long day hobnobbing with the king smelling like dirt and sweat. Then there's the fact that I never perceived Merry Ol' England as a place that's flat, dusty, hot, and lacking in foliage. But I haven't missed going to the Renaissance Festival once since it started coming to Phoenix. I actually worked there for several years. (I know....that really seems to negate all of the street cred I have built up here, but I'm okay with that.) I won't tell you what I did, but I will tell you that it involved wearing a tight bodice and making sure I was showing off my cleavage to its best effect.

Anyway, in absence of anything of substance to say, I offer you another quiz. Yes, I know you're all thrilled. But I couldn't resist this one, because it features Calvin and Hobbes, which is incontrovertibly the BEST. COMIC. EVER. (And if you don't agree, you can leave now, because you are dead to me.) I think the best ones were the strips with the snowmen. They were creative, imaginative and featured the kind of sick, twisted humor I appreciate most. Although, the reader who wrote his version of the finale in which Calvin starts taking his meds and Hobbes turns back into stuffed toy was brilliant in its own way. Sad, but brilliant.

I have to say that I'm a bit perplexed by these results. I would have thought I was more Hobbes than Calvin. But maybe, for the first time, one of these silly quizzes is offering me a little insight to my complex personality. If nothing else, I don't mind thinking that I have quite a bit of "mischievous little kid" buried inside me.

Mostly Calvin

You are 70% Calvin and 30% Hobbes
Your inner Calvin often prevails, but, as in the image below, you have a significant Hobbesian component. I'm going to try to stretch the visual metaphor here: you have a good head on your shoulders, but when you don't use it, your crazy body gets you in trouble? Does that work? Odds are you're impulsive and imaginative, but it's possible you've collected just enough wisdom to hold your most anti-social urges in check. Most of the time. It's a precarious balance, like a boy on one foot with a tiger head.



My test tracked 2 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 87% on calvin
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 2% on hobbes
Link: The Calvin Or Hobbes Test written by gwendolynbooks on Ok Cupid, home of the 32-Type Dating Test

1 Comments:

At March 26, 2006 2:38 PM, Blogger raven said...

tigh' bodice that doth thrust thee cleavage for all ye ole wolrd to set gaze upon, doth maketh me 'cited in the place of my manhoood.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home