Are You KIDDING Me With This???

Friday, March 03, 2006

Famous Last Words

You knew it had to happen, right? I mean, it was pretty much inevitable. And it was all my fault.... I had to get all cute and smug about how I was going to be getting SOOO much done while Oscar is gone tonight, so naturally, something had to happen to throw all of my plans in the toilet. Such is my karma.

I was in the living room, hitting the refresh button on my browser so I could see if anything new had come through on Carolyn Hax's chat yet, when the phone rang. My cute little cell phone was ringing, which in my case means it was playing an electronic version of "Brown Eyed Girl." And of course, I'm not bright enough to keep my cell phone next to me in the living room, so I can answer it quickly while Turtle is playing or call 911 in a hurry when someone tries to break in (which I swear someone has been trying to do, by the way, and it's freaking me out!) No, no....my cell phone was in the next room. I quickly closed my laptop and ran around the couch into the dining room. And then, disaster struck. I tripped over the vacuum cleaner cord, which, incidentally, was out because I decided to get a head start on my productivity and vacuum the whole house. And because I was running at the time, tripping over the cord meant that I went flying. I was airborne. It was ugly. I landed on both my knees, and the impact sent shock waves through my lower back.

So now, I am not sure what the plan is for tonight, but I imagine it will have something to do with applying Icy Hot to my back and gazing longingly at the toilet brush, because really, I could have gotten so much done while Oscar was gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home