Are You KIDDING Me With This???

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

S & BJ D

Yesterday was Steak and Blow Job Day, the male counterpart to Valentine's Day. Did everyone remember to celebrate?

Our day was poorly scheduled yesterday. I had a class to attend from 7:00-9:00 last night, so I did not have the time with Oscar that I would normally like. I couldn't expect to have dinner with him, and I was leaving him with the responsibility for Turtle. It was not the way I would generally choose to help him celebrate S&BJD. But he was home early yesterday from work, so under the auspices of taking Snark's Mistress to the bank, I was able to get out of the house and pick up a full slab of ribs and sides from Texas Roadhouse. They are Oscar's favorite, and when we first discussed S&BJD, he had decided that ribs would be much better than steak, in his opinion. I may not have been able to be there every step of the way to help make his day special, but the least I could do was provide him with an outstanding meal.

When I got home with the ribs and the Turtle, Oscar was taking a nap. Sadly, I didn't realize this at first, so all of the noise Turtle and I made on our way into the house woke him up. Oscar's special day was really not going as planned. He was a little fuzzy and didn't react much to my surprise dinner. As I had suspected, we weren't able to eat together before I left for class. But I told him to enjoy his meal and he could expect me to enthusiastically comply with the second part of his special day once I was home and had eaten, myself.

Well, by the time I got home from class, Oscar still hadn't eaten dinner. So, much to my surprise, we were able to enjoy our ribs together. We had some good conversations and were able to sit back and relax with each other, since Turtle was down to bed and Hotass was out and about. Of course, once we were done eating, we needed time to digest, because neither of us was too excited about going to bed on a full stomach. Oscar asked me if I would mind if he played a computer game for a while. As far as I was concerned, it was his day, so he could celebrate however he saw fit. And I promised him that as soon as we went to bed, he'd get his blow job.

Does anyone want to guess how this all turned out? Well, given that it was already late when I got home and we started eating, by the time we had eaten and digested, it was really, really late. Not to mention that Oscar got rather caught up playing his computer game. And Oscar has to get up really early in the morning to get to work on time. So when we climbed into bed, and I curled up next to Oscar, completely prepared to travel south and see what "popped up," he turned to me and told me not to worry about the blow job...he'd rather get some sleep. As an afterthought, he mentioned that I really shouldn't tell my Crush that he turned me down because he didn't want to hear about what an idiot he was today. So, I said I wouldn't tell my Crush, and I haven't. I told the whole internet instead.

Happy Steak and Blow Job Day, baby. You know I love you.

4 Comments:

At March 21, 2006 1:06 PM, Blogger Nate said...

Is this a south west holiday - never heard of in NY. I do know about Sadie Hawkins day and did receive a proposal in 1972, but thats another story.

I would ask you to tell KA about this holiday, but I have nothing to complain about :-)

 
At March 21, 2006 1:11 PM, Blogger raven said...

I hope he at least took a rain check on it!

 
At March 21, 2006 1:17 PM, Blogger Cymber said...

Steak and Blowjob Day is a holiday invented by some creative soul as the male equivalent to Valentine's Day. Its existence is slowly becoming more well known through an e-mail that is being sent around. As soon as I received the e-mail, I marked the date on my calendar. I was looking forward to celebrating, but Oscar apparently had other ideas. And no, Mark, he didn't take a rain check. (But I'll accommodate him if he asks for it, anyway.)

 
At March 21, 2006 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay...this is really sad. I believe I forwarded the email regarding this new "day of observance" and yet I failed to remember it. Alas, my poor husband fell asleep in front of the TV after being fed Linguni with Clam sauce and Shrimp Scampi.

Then again, given his current ailment (partially torn achilles) he probably forgot that it was the day his other apendage was supposed to be attended to.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home