Are You KIDDING Me With This???

Monday, March 20, 2006

SCORE!

We have a name for Best Friend. I don't know if this will end up being her permanent name, because we are fickle souls and after trying it on for a while, one or both of us may decide that it's not right or it doesn't really fit or it isn't nearly as clever as we thought it was when we started using it. But she's tired of being nameless and my brain has been stretched to its limit trying to think of something to call her. In other words, we've had enough for now. So until further notice, we will be calling Best Friend......(drumroll please)..... Snark's Mistress. Thank you. Thank you very much. I do reserve the right to call her SM for short, or whenever I don't feel like typing out Snark's Mistress, but at least she is Best Friend no longer.

I bring this up not only because I wanted to keep you informed of the status of her name, but also because Snark's Mistress? Has finally started her blog. You can find it here. I hesitated in telling you about her blog, because I wasn't sure I wanted you to realize how brilliant she is and then jump ship and leave me over here with no audience. On the other hand, I let that cat out of the bag the first time I talked about her, so it shouldn't come as any big surprise to anyone who's been following me for a while. What may come as a surprise to you is that I'm not called Cymber over in her neck of the blogosphere. Over there, I'm known as Minnie. She'll explain why that is, without actually explaining why that is. She's funny like that.

I think I mentioned at some point that Oscar had wanted SM and I to start a blog together. He thought it might make things easier for both of us, as we were apprehensive about starting blogs and taking on the responsibility of thinking up new content on a regular basis. If we were both contributing to one blog, however, the work load would be halved. What Oscar failed to take into account is that if we were to do a blog together, nobody else would be able to understand it. SM and I have been friends for so long, we have a kind of shorthand communication style. Conversations between us will generally sound something like this:

Her: Do you remember the....?
Me: The one with the guy from....?
Her: No, the other one.
Me: Oh, with the....?
Her: Yeah!
Me: Uh-huh, what about it? Just that....?
Her: Yeah!
Me: I know. Totally.

It works for us, because we share a brain. WE know what we're talking about and WE find each other hilarious. I just doubt it would make very compelling reading for anyone else. Of course, that's not a problem now that we have separate blogs. Convenient how that works out, isn't it? So please do me a favor and check out SM's blog. I have a feeling that she thinks if she can write a couple of posts without anyone noticing, she can quietly pull down her blog and I won't say anything because she tried, right? At least she tried. But if a few of you head over there and actually start checking back in and e-mailing her with not-so-subtle hints about when she thinks she might post again? Well, then I win. And isn't that the most important thing?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home