Are You KIDDING Me With This???

Monday, April 10, 2006

Chugga-Chugga

I read a lot of blogs. A LOT. Some I read because I enjoy the writers' styles. Some I read because the subject matter is important to me. And some I read because they remind me that, by comparison, my life is actually pretty damn good, and I really do have my shit together. Well. For the most part.

Last night, I was at the dinner table, catching up on my blog reading while Oscar was playing a video game on his PDA. Turtle was busy eating his scrambled eggs and applesauce. I ran across an entry in one of the latter types of blogs and without realizing it, started snickering. (I know...I'm a snobby, smug, superior, judgmental bitch. I own it.) Oscar looked up at the sound and asked me what was so funny. "I was just reading a blog," I said, and in a sing-song voice continued, "Traaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiin Wreck!" There was a beat and then Turtle looked up. He grinned at me, pumped his arm in the air, and yelled out, "CHOO CHOO!" Oscar and I dissolved into fits of laughter. I mean really....was there anything else we could have done?

1 Comments:

At April 10, 2006 2:59 PM, Blogger raven said...

Well at least you know this... He may speak from the Korean section of the owner's manual, but at least he understands English. And sounds like he's got perfect comic timing so there's something too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home