Are You KIDDING Me With This???

Thursday, April 06, 2006

It's A Mystery

It was girl's night out tonight. I always tell Oscar I will try to be home early on GNO, but I inevitably end up staying out late. Do you blame me? It's my one night to get out and remember that I am more than just a mom. In any event, by the time I get home Oscar is usually asleep, and tonight was no exception. However. Upon entering the house this evening, I discovered a little bit more than the simple fact that my boys were both asleep. I also discovered a large hole in the wall in my kitchen. There was no note accompanying this large hole in the wall in my kitchen. There was no explanation as to how this large hole in the wall in my kitchen came to be. I could speculate as to the origins of the large hole in the wall in my kitchen, and in fact, as I'm typing this, Snark's Mistress and I are IMing about the large hole in the wall in my kitchen. But quite frankly, I'm curious as to your thoughts on the large hole in the wall in my kitchen. Anybody care to take a guess as to how it got there or what it means? Personally, I'm thinking that Oscar was taking my interest in Stargate SG-1 a little too seriously and decided to build a mini-model of the gate, but when he tested it out, it created an actual wormhole, which, if you know anything about the Stargate, disintegrated a bit of my wall when the wormhole was established. And he wanted to tell me in person about the gate, because, well, he'd be geeking out about building an actual working Stargate, so leaving a note was out of the question. You think? Maybe?


No?


Okay, what's your idea, then?

6 Comments:

At April 07, 2006 5:10 AM, Blogger Nate said...

I'm embarassed to even think this, but having many kids.
I envision a crying - no screaming child - maybe some of that projectile diahrea of the other day; well I would never hit a child (or adult for that matter), but a wall...

 
At April 07, 2006 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to second nate's opinion. It is either that or a burnt food item that was really, really, wanted.

Or possibly a combination of the two. Hungry Turtle screaming for waffles, pancakes, Spaghettio's... Stressed Oscar trying to placate small child and forgetting food while trying to stop the shrieking. Thus creating LOUD, KEENING, WAILS (making the neighbors believe something heinous is going on) and Oscar, in his desire to make sure you came home to a live child, redecorated the kitchen.

Our last house would have had a whole like that in bathroom, but my husband hit a stud and broke his hand. The bathroom was left in tact.

 
At April 07, 2006 9:03 AM, Blogger Nate said...

During my divorce I limited myself to telephones until it started getting too expensive. Then I graduated to pillows.

 
At April 07, 2006 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am I the only one thinking that this had to be purely accidental because, after all, we're talking about my son who was raised by me. I'm thinking Oscar decided to help out and get out the vacuum cleaner. Work with me. Then Turtle decided to climb onto the kitchen cabinets and started to fall. As Oscar ran to catch my most beautiful grandson, he threw the vacuum aside (like the superhero that he is) thereby putting a hole in the wall. But he indeed did catch Turtle, and all is well. What do you think?

 
At April 07, 2006 11:31 AM, Blogger Cymber said...

I stand by my Stargate theory.

 
At April 10, 2006 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, mcmama. It totally happened just like that. At least the Turtle is okay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home