Are You KIDDING Me With This???

Friday, April 21, 2006

SQUEE!

Well, today was another shitty day in the ongoing drama I like to call "Packing up all of the crap the Wicked Witch owns, never uses, but refuses to get rid of." But I don't really want to get into that because it will just annoy me. So instead, I'd just like to squee a little bit about the fact that I get to meet my Boyfriend and his lovely wife for dinner tomorrow.

We're going to this Tex Mexish place, which prompted the Boyfriend to observe that I had to travel 3000 miles to meet him for dinner at a place that serves food I could probably find back at home and of a more authentic/better quality. But that doesn't bother me. Having exhausted two bottles of wine and half a bottle of vanilla vodka in three days here at the Wicked Witch's house, it's time for a new drink. And who doesn't love margaritas?

But margaritas are not the only reason I'm excited about meeting the Boyfriend. I'm also excited because...well....he's the Boyfriend. And I get to meet him. And his wife. And we get to have a meal together. And we get to flirt in person. And if I feel so inspired, I can flash them, because as we all know, Cymber + alcohol = need to remove clothing. Oh, wait....you didn't know that? Oh. Well, you do now.

And if I'm lucky, I won't be the only one removing clothing, because Boyfriend totally needs to model the hot Calvin Kleins Oscar and I bought him for his birthday. Then again, I'm hoping to spend some real, substantial time away from the house tomorrow night, so I need to make sure we don't do anything that's going to get us thrown out of this restaurant. It is SUCH a fine line we're walking, here.

Anyway, this will be the one truly bright spot in an otherwise miserable week of my life, and I intend to enjoy it to its fullest. It won't be the same as, say, curling into Oscar's arms and having him kiss the top of my head, as he sometimes does, and which always makes me melt. But it's a pretty damn fine substitute. And yes, you can expect to hear all about it sometime later this weekend. In the meantime, I think there is a drop of wine still left in the bottle, so I have some more alcohol to consume.

1 Comments:

At April 24, 2006 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boyfriend does know that there is a difference between Tex-Mex and Southwestern cuisine, right? My other half would beat down anyone who compared his beloved Tex-Mex (South Texas style vs. North Texas, no less) to any Mexican food we have eaten since leaving Texas. As far as the San Antonio raised boy is concerned, the retort that they are one and the same..."Dem's fightin' words!"

I hope you had a great dinner with the boyfriend and his wife. Lord knows after this week you deserve it! Since I am reading this on Monday morning ( I didn't even realize you'd posted, but I was in dire need of diversion so I though I'd reread old blogs)you have less than 72 hours of torture remaining. Can't wait to add more levity to my otherwise monontonous existence...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home