Are You KIDDING Me With This???

Monday, May 01, 2006

Anatomy

So, I was thinking of posting about my trip today, but then something funny happened. See, I went to the gym earlier. It was my first time there in over two weeks. I knew it was going to be tough, but I really had to push myself to get through the workout. Still, I felt good about myself for going, and I was very happy about getting back in the swing of things again. HOWEVER, being that it was my first trip to the gym in over two weeks, and being that I didn't cut myself any slack on the weights and pushed myself to complete the same workout I was doing before I left, once I got home and relaxed a little, I realized how sore I was.

How does this relate to my inability, once again, to post about my trip? Well, I'm glad you asked. See, it was in dealing with my sore and aching body that I realized something about my anatomy. I mean, we always give men crap about how their brains are located in their "happy snakes," but why did nobody mention to me that my brain is located in my ass?

Every time I thought about getting up to compose a post, my little tushie would start twinging in pain, and all of a sudden, I couldn't think of anything but a nice jacuzzi tub and scented bubble bath. Everything else was pushed aside. I couldn't form another coherent thought. It was all hot water, bubbles, and scented oils. No "Let me tell you how my last two weeks sucked." No "Really, you can't make me go to New Jersey again EVER." Just hot water. Bubbles. Scented oils.

So. The only thing I can think is that my brain is located somewhere in my ass, which is why, when it twinges, I can't think of anything but how to make it feel better. And I think this is a good thing, actually, because I think I passed this anatomical anomaly on to Turtle. That kid gets hit in the head more often than I can count, and yet, it never seems to phase him. Then again, it wouldn't, if his brain wasn't in any danger of being damaged every time he ran into the wall or fell off the coffee table. Also? If my brain actually IS in my ass? Even with all of the working out I've been doing, it's still very well-protected in the ample padding in that area. No brain damage for me, no sirree. Not that you can tell that from reading my blog.... But whatever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home