Are You KIDDING Me With This???

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Nothing Much Happens In May

There is one week in May that is always crazy here in the Cymber household. It starts with Snark's Mistress's birthday and usually ends with Mother's Day. And in between, Oscar is screwed. Why is Oscar screwed, you might ask? Well, you might, if I gave you time, but we're on a schedule here, so I'll just go ahead and tell you. Oscar is screwed because in between Snark's Mistress's birthday and Mother's Day, his wife and his mom both have birthdays.

Not only do his wife and his mom both have birthdays, but he has no grace period in between the two, as his mom's birthday is the day before his wife's birthday. And since one of us has a birthday ON Mother's Day every few years, he's got serious gift-procuring issues. Well, that's technically not true. Because his wife and his mom talk at least twice a week for several hours at a time, and they are practically the same person, anyway, so all he has to do to figure out what to get his wife is talk to his mom and all he has to do to figure out what to get his mom is talk to his wife. It's a nice system, when he uses it.

But Oscar doesn't always use it, and this year, in fact, he tried to go directly to the source to figure out what his mom wanted for her birthday/Mother's Day. Big mistake. She, being the mother of a grown son, naturally said all she wanted for her birthday was a card, which is, hello, lame, and which she would have gotten anyway. So I started thinking of other things we could give his mom for her birthday/Mother's Day that a) she would appreciate, b) wouldn't cost too much money and c) would be really cool.

And here's what I came up with:

I would like to challenge everyone who stops by here today to leave a special birthday message for McMama....it can be anything...song lyrics (if you're really uninspired, even the lyrics to the Happy Birthday song would suffice,) poetry, top ten reasons why McMama is the coolest mother-in-law EVER....anything really. But she reads this space regularly, and she loves being famous, so in honor of her birthday, please show her some love. If anyone deserves it, it's McMama.

For my part, I'd like to leave off with the following:
McMama,
One of the best parts about marrying Oscar was that you came as part of the package deal. We joke that we're essentially the same person, but with your talents and many special gifts, I would consider myself blessed to be thought half the woman you are. I can't even begin to tell you how much you mean to me. Happy birthday, McMama. I love you.

birthday quilt

3 Comments:

At May 13, 2006 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, my McMama! I think Cymber left you an excellent tribute. Enjoy your day, and your weekend!

 
At May 13, 2006 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel so special. Thanks so much Cymber. I think we are both blessed. I love you and I love that you love me! Enjoy your evening.

 
At May 15, 2006 6:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only thing I can think of are the lyrics to the song "She's Somebody's Hero" by Jamie O'Neal. I mean, it pretty much sums everything up.

McMama, from her answers during blogs, has shown a true comraderie with Cymber and always seems very supportive.

I hope you had a wonderful birthday McMama, you deserve it.

I still think you should either be cloned or give lessons in how to be an in-law, you could rake in the dough!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home