Are You KIDDING Me With This???

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

No, I'm Fine. No, Really.

So, apparently my last 1.5 posts gave people the idea that I was having a really bad day yesterday. Honestly, my day wasn't all that bad. I just REALLY hate banana flavored things. I only barely enjoy actual bananas, so banana flavored things are not on my list of "things I love to find in my refrigerator." So when I saw that my yogurt contained banana flavoring, I was not pleased. Particularly since I was trying a new brand of yogurt, at Snark's Mistress's recommendation.

And while we're on the subject, this new brand of yogurt? Was gritty. I am used to my Dannon Light and Fit Creamy damn yogurt, which is, if you can believe it, creamy. I don't buy the fruit on the bottom yogurts on purpose, people. I want my yogurt to be smooth. My usual brand fits that basic requirement, and I expected that this new yogurt would do the same. But no. Gritty. So let's do the math, shall we? Banana flavoring + gritty = NEVER AGAIN! The only thing I can hope is that it's only the banana flavoring that's causing the grittiness, because I have 3 other flavors of this brand of yogurt in my refrigerator, and I don't think y'all want to hear every day about my misadventures with yogurt. I can see how that would get boring after a while.

So, on to new subjects!

With the Boyfriend busy yesterday doing actual work at his actual job (can you imagine???) and Oscar being forced by some overzealous nutjob at HIS office into a form of hiding, I had no real excuse to be on the computer, lazing the day away while the Disney Channel raised my son. Instead, I decided to get some stuff done in the house. It didn't work out so well in the morning, because after making Turtle his pancakes for breakfast and then getting breakfast for myself and bitching about my banana mango yogurt, we didn't have much time before I needed to pack us up and head to the gym. Oscar had the car yesterday, which meant I had to ride my bike there. You would think that would be workout enough for me, but I am really trying to lose weight and it is SO not working for me, so I just keep pushing myself.

I worked out for an hour and then biked home with Turtle, and by that point, I needed a nice little sojourn on the couch, because dude! Have you ridden a bike with your 2 year old on the back in 100+ degree weather? It takes a lot out of a person, is all I'm saying. Thanks to Turtle, though, I couldn't rest for too long because he needed lunch, and then shortly thereafter, it was naptime. For him. Not me. Though I could have used it, I'm sure.

Naptime is always when I get the most done, so I started with the laundry that's been sitting, waiting to be folded, for the last week. I took care of that and was then going to move on to other areas of the house when I thought, "Hmmm...if I let the pool go much longer, all the progress we've made in cleaning it up will be for nothing. I should probably work on that for a bit." So I stripped my shirt off, leaving me in my sports bra and a pair of shorts, and went outside. The theory was that getting the pool cleaned should only take an hour or so and then I'd go inside with just enough color on my back and shoulders to leave me with a nice base tan. I am such an idiot.

First, the salt cell alone took almost an hour to get unscrewed from its casing (with me muttering obscenities under my breath for most of that time, and my hands being torn all to hell in the process) and placed in an acid bath so the pollutants would dissolve and it would actually, you know, work. Then I had to add salt to the pool. I figured maybe I'd add a bag or two before Turtle woke up and then I'd move inside and get some work done in the house. You would think I would get tired of being such an idiot all the time, wouldn't you? Each bag took 10 minutes to pour into the filter and dissolve before I could add another one. And Turtle didn't wake up from his nap when I anticipated. So I ended up adding 12 bags of salt to the pool, spent a total of 3.5 hours out there, and my back? Well, it is red. Beet red. Lobster red. OW, OW, OW, THAT HURTS red.

So, not much else got done in the house yesterday. I figured I had done my best what with the gym-going and the Turtle watching and the laundry folding and the pool cleaning. And today...well, Snark's Mistress is coming over, so I don't expect that I will be doing anything but drooling over the men of Stargate SG-1 and bonding with my best friend. But that's okay. The mess has lasted this long. I imagine it will still be there a few days from now when I decide I actually care enough to do something about it.

1 Comments:

At June 09, 2006 7:06 AM, Blogger Flip said...

Banana flavoring? Gritty? How much worse can it get? OK, maybe there could be little slimy pieces of okra in there. Uck.

Honey, just throw that shit out. Or maybe dump it into the pool filter - it should attract other disgusting stuff - which would be a good thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home