Are You KIDDING Me With This???

Monday, June 12, 2006

Therapy? Why Would I Need Therapy?

Scene: Mama Jo's master bathroom. Mama Jo and Turtle in the tub, washing off after playing in the pool. Cymber, sitting across the tub with her back up to the cabinets.

Cymber: So, I talked to Oscar and Oscar talked to his therapist and she has an appointment available next week.

Enter Papa Jo, who quickly undresses and walks in front of Cymber, with his Mr. Happy at eye level, as he crosses over to the shower.

Cymber: (distracted) Anyway, um.....I'm going to see if I can get in to see her. I really need to talk to someone.
Mama Jo: You need therapy? Why?
Cymber: (being evasive) Oh, a couple of reasons. Don't worry about it. It's nothing huge. I just think I could benefit from talking things out with a professional.
Mama Jo: Are you sure you're okay? Because now I'm thinking "What did I do wrong this time???"
Cymber: Mom, you didn't do anything wrong. Geez, narcissistic much? Not everything is about you. Besides, if it was going to be about one of you, it would be about the fact that I just got WAY too close to Daddy's Mr. Happy! Is that its name? I don't know, because we haven't been formally introduced. (Turning to face Papa Jo, whose Mr. Happy is still at eye level.) Hi, I'm Cymber. It's so nice to meet you.
Mama Jo: *laughing hysterically*
Papa Jo: Haven't been formally introduced? Considering Mr. Happy MADE you, I don't really see how you would need to be formally introduced.

End Scene.

People, I swear to G-d, this actually happened. I couldn't make this up if I tried.

2 Comments:

At June 13, 2006 11:19 AM, Blogger Nate said...

OMG - LOL
And my sisters have never recovered from our Dad walking around in boxers. That would have been a lifetime of therapy!

I did once have a sixteen year old walk into the bathroom unannounced and see Mr. Happy. It was only for an instant but almost drove me into therapy - I fixated on having caused long term psychological ruin for months

 
At June 13, 2006 9:21 PM, Blogger Hotass said...

If I didn't know your parents, I would never believe this story. Being that I know them, however, all I can say is, Pass the Prozac, girl. It's going to be a bumpy night.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home