Are You KIDDING Me With This???

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Bad News/Good News

Bad News: Before tonight, I hadn't posted anything in 5 days.
Good News: I am making up for it a little by posting twice in one evening.

Bad News: While working on my last post, a computer glitch I had been sporadically experiencing decided to graduate into a full-fledged problem.
Good News: I was able to work around it enough to at least finish my post.

Bad News: The computer problem was bad enough that I was concerned I might be without my precious laptop for several days, if not longer.
Good News: Oscar was home. Oscar is a computer genius. Oscar could help.

Bad News: Oscar couldn't help enough to fix my computer, just identify that my problem was significant. (Thanks, babe....I figured that out all by myself.)
Good News: He very sweetly got online to Dell Support for me to find out what to do about my poor, crippled laptop. (Sorry for the sarcasm, honey. You know I love you.)

Bad News: Dell Support sucks big fat elephant balls.
Good News: Oscar is a patient man.

Bad News: Dell Support was out to screw me in a big way. They wanted me to undo the screws and open up my laptop to the elements. Then they wanted me to reseat the cable to my keyboard. As if THAT would help, losers.
Good News: Okay, not so much "me" as "Oscar" and he's so much better at that stuff than I am. I read the instructions and went "What the hell?!?!?!?" Oscar, on the other hand, read the instructions and proceeded to very competently open up my laptop and reseat the cable.

Bad News: Reseating the keyboard actually worked, and Oscar had to eat crow with the support tech he'd been abusing for at least an hour. (Okay, not "abusing," really. He just wanted to strangle the guy...he didn't actually do it. Of course, the fact that Dell Support Guy was undoubtedly in India and therefore out of reach was a significant factor.)
Good News: Reseating the keyboard actually worked. Which meant, when Oscar went to eat crow, the stupid Dell Support Guy said, "I was pretty sure that it would resolve the issue." (Smug bastard.) Which meant I had the opportunity to pipe up, "Gee, don't break your neck sucking your own dick, dude." Which meant Oscar dissolved into the first fit of genuine laughter I think I've heard from him all week. I think it was worth it.

Bad News: Now I won't be able to use the "poor, ailing laptop" as an excuse not to compose a post tomorrow (which will no doubt delineate in exquisite detail why I love my Dell laptop, but I hate Dell Support).
Good News: Now I won't be able to use the "poor, ailing laptop" as an excuse not to compose a post tomorrow (which will no doubt delineate in exquisite detail why I love my Dell laptop, but I hate Dell Support).

Looks like we're all winners here. Except for Dell Support. Smug, annoying bastards.

2 Comments:

At July 26, 2006 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You make me smile (laugh) just about everytime that I read your rants about our life. Thank you.

 
At July 26, 2006 9:48 AM, Blogger Lunatic Wife said...

Your married life sounds so much more than ours. Last night, the WNFL Linebacker went to sleep at 8 and didn't wake up at all.

The Diva refused to go to sleep because she couldn't "belax". So, my relaxing shower, turned into bathtime with baby, green and yellow bath paints.

Meanwhile, Peter, rather than fold the laundry that he took out of the dryer, decided to eat leftover chili and watch ECW (for the over educated that would be "Extreme Championship Wrestling).

The furheads, ate their dinner and my dinner. The oldest of the fuzzbutts also stole more cherries.

Our computer isn't working right now because Peter decided we didn't really need a cable modem. He says we can use Pan's laptop. Like I want to spend time in a room that smells like dirty socks!

Anyone want to trade lives?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home