Are You KIDDING Me With This???

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Boys And Their Toys

Oscar is practically doing back flips in his office right now. He recently bought surround-sound speakers for his computer, and was finally able to get them all working tonight. We don't even have surround-sound speakers for our television and he has them for his computer. Of course, if I were to be honest, I would tell you that I'm more concerned about getting a better television before I consider speakers. But my topic tonight has nothing to do with honesty and everything to do with needling Oscar. So let's move on, shall we?

Oscar asked me to sit down in his chair and behold the greatness that is his new speakers. And yes, they are very nice speakers. My toes were tingling from the thumping bass. I suppose by awesome-speaker-standards, that's a good thing, but I don't know a whole lot about these things. Anyway, Oscar started telling me about his friend's system, which I'm guessing was the impetus for his purchase, considering I didn't have a clue that Oscar was jonesing for surround-sound. As he waxed poetic about his friend's set-up, and how loud it was when he walked into his friend's office and how you could feel the bass thumping, and blah-blah-blah-I-wasn't-really-listening-cakes, I sat in silence, waiting for my opportunity. When it finally popped up in the form of Oscar pausing to take a breath, I made my move:

"Awww, honey, is that why you decided to buy speakers? You were feeling like your penis wasn't big enough?"

Oscar's jaw clenched as he stared me down. I grinned adorably. He called me a name I won't repeat, as he will undoubtedly feel bad about it later. (Or at least, I like to pretend that he'll feel bad about it later.) Then we laughed together, because there's nothing better than having a conversation in which one of us calls the other a nasty name to make us feel the love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home