Are You KIDDING Me With This???

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Yeah, Not So Much With That

So there I was, smugly thinking that I would have all manner of things to post while I was on vacation. Because I was with McMama, and when I am with McMama, there's no telling what kind of hijinks will ensue. And surely something would happen every day that would be blog-worthy and about which I'd be rushing up to my room at night to write long, glorious posts. Right? Right?

Well, we had an excellent time together, as we always do, but most of it was spent just doing normal every day things. And I was so busy enjoying the fact that I could sit on the back deck (which McMama painted and decorated like a nouveau, less felonious Martha Stewart), soak up the beautiful weather and just relax, that I was not particularly inclined to rush upstairs and sit by my computer to wait for inspiration to strike. So I neglected you. And you know what? I don't even feel all that bad about it.

Okay, that was a bald-faced lie. I do feel bad about it. Particularly since I checked my stats today, and it appears everyone has disappeared, given the lack of new material to read. So in addition to feeling bad about it, I now feel the pressure to be even MORE witty and clever than I am normally, in a desperate attempt to lure you back. Because I need constant validation, people! My self-esteem is a fragile thing.

In any event, I am back home now and am planning on resuming regular posting immediately. (Particularly since I am no longer sharing a house with McMama. She is not so demanding of the new content when we see each other 24/7. But when I am not in her immediate vicinity? She cracks that whip like nobody's business.) On the agenda: that long-ago promised pictoral representation of our trip, featuring my gnome. Seriously, I think that gnome might have had more fun than I did on this vacation. Also? A rant on why, if you're going to have children, it might be a good idea to pay attention to those children. And, of course, some fun stories featuring McMama (who, amazingly is still speaking to me after the post about her cooking!) Of course, all of this assumes that you are all still out there, randomly checking in to see if I'm still here...... (I am, by the way.) (Please feel free to start running up my stat counter again.) (I love you.) (I won't leave you again, I promise.) (Or at least, never for this long.) (Please come back?) (Okay, that is all.)

3 Comments:

At July 13, 2006 10:45 AM, Blogger Lunatic Wife said...

Thank God you are back. Few are as funny as you are. You were sorely missed. My muse disappeared and I haven't written a damn thing since before you left and I don't even have a stat counter. I think other than yourself and Snark's Mistress, the only people who visit me are relatives. That's ok though since Peter and Pan would probably take offense if they actually knew about my blog.

Welcome back!

 
At July 13, 2006 11:57 AM, Blogger Flip said...

Welcome back.

I didn't leave you for good. I love you. I missed you. You needed a break. You deserved a break. You gave youself a break.

So give yourself a break.

Hugs.

Flip

 
At July 13, 2006 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're back too, only because you're not here with me. I so miss you all. Keep on blogging!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home