Are You KIDDING Me With This???

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Just Filling Some Space

A recent conversation between Snark's Mistress and me about our mutual lack of creative genius lately led to the following exchange:

Me: Know what makes me sad?
Her: What?
Me: I haven't updated my blog in 3 days, and I don't even have the slightest glimmer of material to form into a cohesive post
Her: That is a little sad. And as someone with a muse that likes to run off for long weekends in Vegas at the drop of hat, I feel for you.
Her: Especially since she inevitably gets drunk while she's there, and ends up hooking up with these random guys and ending up in cheesy little chapels on the strip dressed in Austin Scarlett-like wedding ensembles getting married by Elvis impersonators.
Her: My muse is such a slut.
Me: Well, my muse ends up on coked-up benders in sleazy motels in West Hollywood, waking up with vomit caked on her clothes and no idea how she ended up with her panties in her hair.
Me: I think you got the better end of the deal
Her: I don't know about that. Do you know how much it costs to take care of all those annulments to her quickie marriages?
Me: She makes you pay for all of that shit? Bitch. Can you exchange her?
Her: I would, but she's still got hold of four JAG fics and an SG-1 fic. I couldn't in good conscience let her hand off poor Harm and Mac and Sam and Teal'c and Jack to some loser shrub.
Me: Seriously. The last thing you need is to end up with MY muse....with her coke habit, the next thing you know, Harm would start pimping Mac out to make extra money for when they finally run off together, and Sam and Teal'c and Jack would wind up in some hovel doing blow, and plotting to kill Daniel one or two more times in order to claim his life insurance policy to pay for more drugs
Me: It's really not worth the aggravation. I see that now.
Her: It's really not.
Me: Damn Muses.
Her: Word.

We may not be feeling creative enough to post anything, but we're feeling creative enough to come up with damn good excuses why we're not feeling creative enough to post anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home