Are You KIDDING Me With This???

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

New Topic

Anyone else sick of hearing about the contents (or lack thereof) of my uterus? Yes? Good, let's move on.

Snark's Mistress makes her big move to Flagstaff this week. When she originally announced her intention to finish school there, I wasn't too concerned. After all, it's only a couple of hours away, not like she's moving to the east coast or something. I figured we'd see each other all the time, and I was excited about visiting her, particularly given the temperature change.

But with her moving day almost upon us? I'm not so excited. I see the boxes stacked in her room and my heart sinks a little bit. I can still muster up some enthusiasm for her. I am not completely selfish, after all. (Just mostly.) I know she needs to do this. She has a couple more years of school, at least, before she can even think of getting a job in her chosen field. And she'll be brilliant at it, so I want her to get through it all. I want her to start making her contribution and feeling that sense of fulfillment in her life. I just wish she could do all of that from the comfort of my living room.

I don't know why I'm having this reaction. We've been through these moves before. The first time Snark's Mistress moved away, she went all the way to New York, just outside the city. Then she came back. And when she was feeling restless again, she moved to Washington, DC. That was an even bigger blow, because not only did she move, she moved with Hotass. So both of my best friends were all of a sudden very, very far away. It was sucky and I was pretty miserable. But we got through it, and ultimately, both of them came back.

So I don't know why this is bothering me so much. Except that change is never easy, and particularly when that change involves the person you usually rely on to help you get through the other changes in your life. But I know she needs this. And I need this for her. So I'm very happy for her and excited for her to be achieving her goals. Now...if I just say that enough times, perhaps I'll start to believe it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home