Are You KIDDING Me With This???

Monday, August 14, 2006

Note To Self: Never Make Promises Involving Blog Posts

So....I think I said something about getting back to our regularly scheduled programming today. I did, didn't I? Yeah, well, that assumed, of course, that I wouldn't wake up yesterday morning with this nagging pain on my right side, which corresponded nicely with some odd bleeding that decided to happen outside of my regularly scheduled menstrual cycle. And it also assumed that this pain wouldn't be so bad that it wouldn't respond to regular drugs. It then further assumed that the pain wouldn't continue on through the night and into the morning. Even better, it assumed that the pain wouldn't increase in intensity today until I started panic-Googling things like "ectopic pregnancy" even though I had just had my regular menstrual cycle a week and a half ago. And then it assumed that I wouldn't panic-call Snark's Mistress and ask her to bring over a pregnancy test, just so I could rule that out. And just to mock me, it assumed that the pregnancy test wouldn't come out positive.

All of which happened.

So. Today was spent in full-on freak-out mode, which is never conducive to blogging. And tomorrow will be spent shuttling the Turtle back and forth so I can get myself in to see my doctor, who is as perplexed as I am that I had my period a week and a half ago and yet have a positive pregnancy test sitting on my table, not to mention the bleeding and the nagging pain on my right side. It's all fun and games in the Cymber household.

Updates to follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home