Are You KIDDING Me With This???

Monday, September 11, 2006

Exploding Uterus? Have A Cookie.

One of the great things about having a mother-in-law who bakes for a living is that I always have creative gift options. After all, I can't think of a single life event that wouldn't be made better by a cookie. Pregnant? Congratulations, here's a cookie! Getting married? Here's a toaster! Oh, and a cookie! Someone died? Oh, I'm so sorry. Can I offer you the comfort inherent in this-here cookie? Really, it's the all-purpose gift.

So when I was sitting around, post-Uterus Watch 2006, it occurred to me that it might be a good idea to send a little gift package of (what else?) cookies to my OB/GYN, his nurse and their phlebotomist, to thank them for the gentle care they provided me. I was thinking of something along the lines of this:

9-11-2006 8-15-28 PM

Or perhaps this:

9-11-2006 8-17-08 PM

Or maybe this:

9-11-2006 8-16-00 PM

So I spoke with McMama and she agreed that it would be a very nice gesture and she would be more than happy to whip up some adorable cookies with either a baby or a medical theme. She just needed the address of my doctor and an idea of what to write in the note.

Huh.

Note.

I hadn't thought about that. You mean, they wouldn't just get the package of cookies and immediately think, "Oh, dear....that Cymber is such a sweetheart. I can't believe that with everything that has been going on with her, she would think of doing something like this for us!" I needed to actually articulate why I felt compelled to thank them for everything they had done for me? Well, shoot...

I had to give it a few days before I could come up with something. And even then it took me a few drafts to get it right. But here's what I came up with....maybe you can tell me if you think it strikes the right tone:

Dear Dr. Spreadmylegs, Nurse Kiki and Phiphi the Phearless Phlebotomist,
Thank you so much for the kind care and attention you gave me during Uterus Watch 2006. It wasnt the best of circumstances, but you made it all suck just a little less. Please enjoy these cookies with my compliments (but try to avoid chomping down on the baby heads in front of patients...it might unnerve them.) My family and I appreciate you for all you have done.
-Cymber

1 Comments:

At September 12, 2006 8:58 AM, Blogger raven said...

It's perfect.

And I'm reminded how incredibly sweet you are. Have missed you. Sorry the technology gods are not working in our favor!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home