Are You KIDDING Me With This???

Friday, September 15, 2006

Project Runway Episode 10

Oh, I'm sorry....am I late in posting my post-Project Runway rundown? Huh...that must be because my BRAIN EXPLODED when I saw that Angela and Vincent were back. Of all the twists I could have imagined, bringing back Angela and Vincent wasn't even in the same vicinity of things I considered. Although, really, it was kind of worth it just to see the look on Jeffrey's face when Angie-babe walked in.

Speaking of Jeffrey, how is it possible that he stayed in the game while Kayne was eliminated? I mean, I'll grant you that Kayne's dress had some design flaws, but at least his model looked like she was dressed for a cocktail party. Jeffrey's model looked like a $5 whore on the way to work. Cocktail party? No. Eight ball party? Yes. And I guess the judges must have been sampling those eight balls, because the only excuse for Kayne getting the boot over Jeffrey was that they were high. You can argue all you want that with two wins, Jeffrey had an advantage over Kayne that made them more willing to forgive this misstep, but....again....$5 WHORE! The woman looked like a $5 whore! My inability to fathom how he could escape elimination after sending down a model who looked like a $5 whore should be counted as reason #6,849 why I will never work in fashion.

On the other hand, I have apparently deciphered the producers' complicated editing patterns, because did I CALL the Laura win or did I CALL it????? And I'm so glad. Laura needed that win more than anyone, and it was certainly well deserved. She had some fierce competition with Michael's dress, but she fought it off and came out on top. Good for her...her design was lovely and her execution was, as always, flawless. I love me some Laura.

Know what else I love? Her relationship with Michael. Those two are so adorable. I kind of take it for granted that they are both going to end up in the final 3, and I can't wait to see what they produce and how much they support each other. Their little exchange after Laura was awarded the win made my wee little heart go squish.

But really? The best moment of the whole episode? Hearing Tim Gunn say, in response to Kayne's answer about where the white was in his dress, "Oh, JESUS!" If I had a sound clip of that moment, on my computer, I would wear that thing out. Turtle pees in his pants? Take it away, Tim...."Oh, JESUS!" Kids ringing the doorbell to sell me cheap candy? Say it for me, Tim...."Oh, JESUS!" My whites aren't getting white enough? Tim, if you would?...."Oh, JESUS!" I'm telling you, I would get a lot of mileage out of that. And if I could somehow rig my Tim Gunn bobblehead to play my Tim Gunn "Oh, JESUS!" sound clip? Dear God, the possibilities....

Carry on!

2 Comments:

At September 15, 2006 2:22 PM, Blogger Lunatic Wife said...

I have to agree with your confusion as to how Jeffrey remained in the competition. It seems they dinged Kayne for not using enough white...

I'd rather have seen no white at all than seen the girl in the leggings making a house call.

I think Jeffrey took the word "cocktail" literally....He was chasing his tail with his....

 
At September 15, 2006 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Cymber, you have once again made me laugh out loud! What makes me laugh the most is visualizing you saying "say it for me Tim". OMG we now have another catch phrase. People are so gonna hate us. BTW - 7 days and counting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home