Are You KIDDING Me With This???

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Project Runway Episode 9

Well, clearly, I was never meant to work in fashion.

I despised Jeffrey's dress, and I can't blame it solely on my distaste for him, personally. I was very open to it at first. From what I saw of it in the previews, I thought it looked spectacular. And then I saw it full-length from the front, and even worse, from the back. And instead of thinking it was spectacular, I thought it was craptacular. But at least I understood why the judges chose it for the win. It was definitely a show piece. Too bad I would have had no interest in any kind of show featuring that dress.

Kayne's dress though? I was in LOVE with it. I loved the lace up back and the fact that it swept to the side. I loved the black binding (even though I know The Gunn hated it and it pains me to disagree with him.) I loved the flow of the skirt. I loved the color of the skirt. I loved the detail work. I. Loved. That. Dress. And the judges hated it. I'm beginning to wonder if we were watching the same runway presentation.

And then there's Uli... I find it disappointing that the judges praised her so highly for producing the same damn dress she's made every challenge, just without the wild patterns. Don't get me wrong, it was a lovely dress. I've just seen it many, many, MANY times before. Can she do anything else? Can we maybe see that? That would be great.

But really, Vincent was the star of this show. Watching him trip over his tongue on his way to sticking it up Catherine Malandrino's ass was a sight to behold. Kind of like a particularly bloody train wreck. It was compelling and stomach-turning at the same time. And his dress? Meh. If it wasn't glued together, I might have had more appreciation for it, but from a man who claimed to have couture experience, he was certainly not pouring on the "hand-sewn" details. I mean, Michael's dress was kind of a mess, but I certainly had to give him props for his effort. Vincent didn't even try. He seemed to be too busy "getting off." I was not sorry to see him get auf'd.

What I was sorry to see? The previews for next week, showing Laura in full killer-fatigue meltdown mode. I love my girl. I don't want to see her go. But damn, she must be exhausted. Pregnancy is difficult enough without the schedule she's keeping right now. (Not that I would know anything about that, you stupid Uterus!!!) The only thing I can hope for is that she's getting the "red herring" editing, and we'll find out that she actually wins the challenge next week. I can only pray.

Carry on!

1 Comments:

At September 08, 2006 12:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm normally a fan of plaid, but Jeffrey's dress was atrocious

 

Post a Comment

<< Home