Are You KIDDING Me With This???

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Remember Me?

Oh, looky here! I have a blog! Isn't that fascinating? Did you know I have a blog? Because I think I kind of forgot for a while. Okay, well, I didn't forget so much as "got so tired I wasn't at all interested in doing anything requiring any sort of energy such as writing something that I would obsess over because it wasn't quite funny enough particularly since I have to run to the bathroom every 30 minutes because Turtle has decided that this potty training process is cool, particularly when Mommy says 'YAY! Good job, Buddy!' and gives him a high-five, so he must go potty every time he feels he can eke out even two drops of pee, and who says this is better than changing a diaper, because at least I could do that on my schedule, although it IS nice that Turtle's room doesn't get that vaguely outhouse-y smell when I forget to empty his diaper bin in time." So....how are things with you?

Me? Well, as you may have gathered, we are in the middle of potty training hell. We are also dealing with new neighbors who, while they have not moved in yet, have had wokers doing all sorts of banging and loud landscaping type work at all hours of the day and night. Still, Neighbors 2.0 are a marked improvement over the first versions, who introduced themselves to us solely so they could bitch about the tree we have in the corner of our property. We don't love the tree, either, and I'd love to get rid of it, but getting rid of it costs money and I have other priorities for my money, which they would have known if they'd, say, introduced themselves for the purposes of getting to know us and establishing nice, neighborly relations instead of just to bitch about my tree.

But on the bright side? I've also been busy getting ready for a vacation. Not just any vacation. This is going to be a real vacation. No husband. No Turtle. Just me, flying on a plane for 5 hours by MYSELF, reading, sleeping, and listening to the music I want to listen for as long as I want to listen to it! A five-hour plane ride has never sounded so good. And then? When I get off the plane? I get to hang with McMama for four days! We're going to have long talks, and giggle, and rabble-rouse, and get into all sorts of trouble. Well....as much trouble as I can reasonably be expected to get in, considering that I'm a big, fat goody-goody. Whatever...it will still be fun.

Oscar is not so much looking forward to my vacation, considering he will be alone with Turtle for 3 solid days and will have assistance for the other two. But I figure he's about due for some quality time with his son, considering that I've been putting in overtime with the Turtle while Oscar has been putting in overtime with his consulting projects. I was kind of hoping we'd actually get a chance to take a vacation together, sans child, but that is apparently not in the cards. So I'll take what I can get.

Of course, you know what this means right? I'll be away from my computer for a super-extended weekend. And since I will not be checking any luggage, I will not be stopping by to bitch and moan about how I had to go shopping for all new stuff because the flight crews lost my old stuff. So why did I stop by to leave you this blog post if I'm only going to be leaving again and, thus, not updating? Because I have to leave you wanting more, of course! I didn't get a reputation for being a tease for nothing!

1 Comments:

At September 20, 2006 12:38 PM, Blogger raven said...

Yippee... 5 days alone in my time zone. Woohoo! You know how to find me if you and mcmama want to take an extended jaunt south a few hours. And you know you've already left ME wanting more - more time than are fair ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home