Are You KIDDING Me With This???

Thursday, September 28, 2006

The Sweet Smell Of Ammonia In The Afternoon

I cleaned my bathroom today.





*shudder*




I haven't cleaned my bathroom since..... Well, let's not dwell. Suffice it to say it's been long enough that we had managed to collect enough cat hair on the floor to build a whole new litter. I would have to say that cleaning the bathroom is my least favorite household chore. And while I know that if I just keep up on it a little more regularly than I have been (that is to say, if I tried cleaning at least once a year as opposed to once a decade) it might not be such an odious task, I just can't muster up enough enthusiasm to do it.

But today, I realized that I probably get dirtier when I step into the shower, as opposed to cleaner, and I have been spending a lot more time sitting on the layer of grime on the bathroom floor (as a result of the gloriousness that is Turtle being potty trained) than makes me comfortable. And thus, it was time to bust out the cleaning products and tackle the multiple layers of dirt, hair and calcium deposits that have been slowly building on every square inch of space.

Not even wearing protective gloves was enough to counteract the overwhelming feeling of "ick" I experienced as I scrubbed and scoured. And believe me, I scrubbed and scoured. And scrubbed and scoured. I probably spent at least 2 hours cleaning a room that takes up, at most, 100 square feet of space. But in the end? It was spotless. Well, okay, not spotless, but a marked improvement. (Not that it would have taken much to achieve that.)

I'm so pleased with how much better the bathroom looks now, I'm almost considering making more of an effort to keep it up. Oh, calm down....I did say ALMOST. Mostly, I'm just proud that I finally made the decision to clean it from top to bottom and I followed through. Now I don't have to think about it for at least another....what?.....6 months, do you figure? I can live with that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home