Are You KIDDING Me With This???

Monday, October 23, 2006

Good Morning, Class!

You know that old saying, "You learn something new every day?" Well, I tend to feel, for me anyway, that this is a blatant overstatement. Most days I'm lucky to learn ANYTHING...unless you want to count how many times and in how many different ways I learn that Rachel Ray needs to untuck her shirts so as not to appear so short or stocky. Seriously, honey, I cook with my shirt untucked all the time, and the tragic consequences of getting the hem of your shirt caught in the oven door are neither as tragic nor as consequential as you may have heard.

In any event, when I find that I DO learn something new, it is such a suprise and of such note, that I can literally (well, okay, not literally, but the literally that actually means figuratively) see the lightbulb over my head. Today was one of those days. And because I love all of you....all six of you...especially you, Stalker Boy (thanks for joining us)...who come here to read the sometimes witty, often completely random, thoughts that run through my head, I thought I would share what I learned with you today, so you can say that you learned something today too. Are you ready? Here we go:

What I learned today is..........


....Balthazar Getty is NOT, in fact, Liev Schreiber. I know. Stunning, isn't it? And yet, I only just today figured that out.

I started watching Brothers and Sisters with McMama during my vacation to her homeland. It only took one episode for me to get completely sucked in. It has its flaws. Being a new show, it's still trying to find its footing. But it's got potential, and some incredible actors starring in it. And for the last month, I have thought that one of those actors was Liev Schreiber, playing one of the titular brothers. "OH!" I would say to McMama, "Did you see how Liev's character totally turned his back on his other brother in that last episode? That was cooooooooooold!" And then we'd move on to talking about something else and it would never occur to me that I had not seen, in any of the credits, Liev Schreiber's name pop up. Until I was sitting on the couch today, doing my best impression of a bump on a log (an impression I have perfected through many, many hours of intense practice,) watching the episode I taped last night on my new lover, the DVR, and I saw the name "Balthazar Getty" flitter across my screen.

"Hmmm..." I thought to myself. "That name sounds familiar. I should imdb him." And imdb him I did. And boy, didn't I feel like an idiot. Because this guy?

balthazargetty

Is not the same as this guy.

Lievschreiber

This guy?

balthazargetty

Is Balthazar Getty, one of the stars of Brothers and Sisters...the show I've been watching for the past month.

This guy?

Lievschreiber

Is Liev Schreiber. Star of other things, but not one of the stars of Brothers and Sisters...the show I've been watching for the past month.

You can see how I made the mistake, right? I mean, they DO look sort of alike, right? It's not just me, is it? I mean, I know that in the face of overwhelming hotness, my brain cells are in the habit of freezing up like a deer caught in the headlights of an oncoming, yet overwhelmingly hot, car. But confusing Balthazar Getty and Liev Schreiber is not a complete stretch is it? Well, even if it was, today I learned the difference. Which is probably a good thing, because with these pictures up on my blog now, I doubt I will be doing anything but looking at them for the next week, and while I'm okay with not learning something new EVERY day, I like knowing that I can still learn something new every once in a while.

11 Comments:

At October 24, 2006 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stalker Boy would like to thank the recognition I so aptly deserve.....all I want is to be loved, is that so wrong. Now keep recognizing me as somebody important in your blog and nobody will get hurt...hahaha....seriously you have great insite into so many random thoughts how do you have time to live a normal life when you are thinking of wacky insites into everyday canundrums (is that a word and if it is did I spell it right?) Hunterzmom loves your site as well....I am now known as "the dirty dirty man" because of you now!! Thanks!! hahah

Craig
wvhunter1968@yahoo.com

 
At October 25, 2006 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I yeah, I also learned there is somebody actually names Balthazar on this planet. Wow do I lead a sheltered life.

StalkerBoy

 
At August 22, 2008 12:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG do i feel like a complete noob.
For the last 2 yrs ive been under the impression Liev Schreiber was Balthazar Getty also :O .. infact just now I was going through a magazine looking at pics of our own Naomi Watts with Liev and their little bubu, thinking to myself how i wish i had her life; First she had hot hot HOT Heath Ledger (R.I.P), always been my fav Australian actor, and now she has mr hotness from Alias and Brothers and sisters.. ohhh and the new X-Men movie X-Men Origins: Wolverine... Anyway im stewing on how this woman is living my life while i am still flicking through my magazine, when OMG my chin almost fell off my face when i saw Sienna Miller with her hands all over my man... needless to say female dog obscenities were thrown around; other words were used too but thats from a different dictionary :P
Anyway, so im sitting there grinding my teeth while looking at pics of her running her fingers through his hair and making puppy eyes at him when I notice the name of her latest conquest, Balthazar Getty.. Im thinking this is some sort of typo, so i googled Balthazar Getty and Liev Schreiber. Now i have to say there is something sooo bazaar about them hey.. Twins seperated at birth maybe? Coz WOW they have had me fooled for 2 yrs...
so anyway back to my daydreaming.. 2 look alike hotties... tag teams maybe... lol .. :P

 
At October 16, 2008 6:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Me lleva la verga, yo los busqué en Google y los veo igualitos, aunque en esas fotos sí se ven un poco diferentes. No será que el imbécil ese que estuvo con Sienna Miller se hace pasar por dos personas (bromeo). .. Ja, apuesto a que ni me entendieron lo que escribí.

 
At April 06, 2009 5:44 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I just saw The Omen on TV and saw it had Liev Schreiber (who I didnt know) and Julia Stiles. I'm watching the film thinking well I can see Stiles but who is Schreiber? Is it the Damian kid? But why would they put his name first in the credits and not Balthazar Getty's as I know who he is and he's in Brothers & Sisters. It wasnt until the credits rolled and it said Liev Schreiber and no Getty. !?! So I google this Schreiber and discover that not only is he identical to Getty but that he's famous as well. I think they were separated at birth, I've just wiki'd them both and apparently there's eight years between them which I don't believe.
Anyway, glad I'm not the only who who was confused!

 
At May 12, 2009 12:20 PM, Anonymous Lizmina said...

well i just watched woverine today and had a bet with my bestie in the cinema that Liev is the guy in brothers and sisters...(altho iv only ever watched one episode of it...) so i came home and googled it to prove my point and came across ur site...but i guess theres a few more of us out there that were under the exact same impresssion! maybe i dont feel that stupid owing her a nandos! haha

 
At May 18, 2009 6:12 PM, Anonymous Jenny said...

I totally agree! I watched Wolverine today and I kept on wondering where I knew this Schreiber guy from. I couldn't remember his name but his face looked somewhat familiar to me. I couldn't stop thinking about it and when it occured to me that I might just be confusing him with Getty and googled it, I landed on your site ;)
So...obviously it's not just you!

 
At July 22, 2009 2:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sitting home and watching 'Defiance' trying to figure out where I've seen this Schrieber guy before. It dawns on me that he's the guy from 'Brothers and Sisters'. But am corrected by your blog. Thanks!

PS they're both sexy'

 
At November 21, 2009 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

 
At July 23, 2010 8:50 AM, Blogger Toni Ryan said...

I was thinking of this very topic today, and just knew that Google would help me find like-minded individs who also thought these two were totally interchangeable: http://tryan1.blogspot.com/2010/07/you-say-liev-i-say-balthazar-same-thing.html

I wanted to give you ample props, since I cribbed the pics from this post, thank you :)

 
At February 28, 2016 6:41 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This is probably an old post, but I just googled both actors, because I though Liev was on Charmed as Richard, but it was Balthazar. So that's awesome and yes, they are identical.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home