Are You KIDDING Me With This???

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Is This Thing On?

Hi.


Is anyone still here?


*sigh*


Okay, so here's what happened: After the whole voting thing, which consumed any and all free time I had, because HELLO! I must be an INFORMED voter, not just some schmuck who shows up to the polls and flips a coin on each and every issue, there was this other thing that kind of consumed my time. See, Hotass turned 30 a couple of weeks ago. And Oscar is turning 30 in another week and a half. And since Hotass and Oscar very nicely threw us the mother of all parties for my 30th birthday and Snark's Mistress's 30th birthday, we kind of felt we needed to do something special to commemorate the passing of their twenties.

But a party would not suffice, because that would be copying and copying is so not cool. So instead, we decided to plan a "Hey, you're not THAT old" trip. And after some debating about location and budget and the like, Snark's Mistress and I felt there could be only one option: Disneyland. Which meant that after voting consumed my time, doing laundry and packing and preparing the house so Snark's Mistress's mom could stay over and watch Turtle consumed my time. (Because she was doing me a favor, I didn't really want to subject her to the embarrassment of looking for Turtle's toothbrush and running across our sex toys instead.)

I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off right up until we left on Thursday night. And then? Disneyland and California Adventure at last....

We got home Sunday night and I still haven't completely recovered. And it still wasn't over. Because yesterday, I had to drive Snark's Mistress back to school in Flagstaff. And this week, I'm going to be crazily cleaning my house from top to bottom with all the bleach I can find in the state of Arizona, because McMama and McPapa and Oscar's Sister the Youngest arrive on Saturday, and I really don't need another lecture about how I'm old enough to know how to scrub a bathroom.

But I'm going to try to update more often this week, because I have all sorts of things to share....like what a horrible parent I am for leaving town while Turtle was busy turning 3 years old. (What happened to my BAY-BEEEEEEEE?????? WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!) And yet, how happy I was that he wasn't with us as we were wandering around Disneyland and seeing all of these parents pushing strollers and looking like they'd rather be guillotined than go on the "It's a Small World" ride one more time. So check back here....not today....maybe tomorrow....or if I'm really busy, the next day.....or you know, possibly in another week or so....depending on how much fun I'm having with McMama.....you know, maybe if you just came back in a month....I should definitely be back here in a month.....but I'll have lots of stories to tell you. Pinky swear.

3 Comments:

At November 14, 2006 1:51 PM, Blogger Nate said...

Last person who offered me a pinky swear gave me a "Rabbit"

Welcome back and kudos for leaving LD - I guarantee even the best therapist will not uncover this for him decades from now.
Nate

 
At November 14, 2006 7:53 PM, Blogger Flip said...

Welcome back. Sometimes the best gift you can give yourself and your child is to go away for a while...so you are hereby absolved of guilt. **Sign of the cross**

Friar Flip

 
At November 15, 2006 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cymber,

Glad to see you back and fired up! Don't over do it on the cleaning, after all...... you've been to McMamas, or maybe...... she just doesn't clean for ME! Anyway, you all have a blast and do me a favor and give McMama a hug and kiss for me. I so miss my bestest friend in the world. Have a great Turkey Day and tell Oscar to have a great birthday with the fam!

TTFN,
Hunterzmom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home