Are You KIDDING Me With This???

Saturday, November 18, 2006

A Lot About Nothing

It's the point in the day when I normally find myself either getting ready for bed or surfing the internet in an effort to pass the time before going to bed. And I know I should probably be heading back to the bedroom to disrobe and climb under the nice warm covers, being as though I need to get up early tomorrow and finish cleaning my house. But instead, I'm wasting time on my computer, trying to recover from the disgusting dinner of concession stand hot dog, popcorn and Milk Duds I had at the movie theatre this evening. (For those of you curious about how my diet is going, you just got your update. Let's not dwell.) Sadly, I've already run through my blogroll in a vain attempt to find new material. And I've visited all of my regular Hollywood gossip sites and apparently there hasn't been any celebrity news in the last hour. So I thought perhaps I might waste some time by writing a post.








Yeah...I got nothin'.

I considered writing about how I called around and found someone to clean Mama Jo's house yesterday and how she raced home when she discovered I had taken care of things, crying tears of relief the whole way, and how it really is remarkable how worked up we can get about things like getting our houses cleaned in preparation for having company. But I don't really want to go into it right now, particularly since I'm still living it. My bathrooms are (mostly) cleaned now, so I don't have to worry about the McMama lecture, but you can tell that a preschool-aged hurricane has hit the house and I still haven't figured out how to do damage control on that.

Then I considered writing about the movie I saw (Stranger Than Fiction, for those who are curious) but I'm still digesting it (along with a shitload of junk food, so it's a slow process) and I don't think I will have anything profound to say on the subject for another day or two. Although I will mention that I don't normally like Will Ferrell. He bothers me, and I don't really know why that is except to say that his schtick wears on me after a while. But in this movie? I ADORED him. Truly. I wanted to put him in my pocket and take him home with me. Except that I'd probably forget he was in there and then I wouldn't put those pants on for another few days and he'd end up smothered in my pants pocket, or worse, he'd go through the wash. So never mind about the pocket idea. I'd still take him home, but I'd have to find an alternate means of transport. Anyway.

Then I thought perhaps I should write about how utterly adorable Turtle has been lately, but it's not really that he's DONE anything, per se...it's just that I fall more in love with him every day, for reasons that I can't translate into story format (although there was that time that we were in the car on the way home from dinner, and Oscar had muttered under his breath the phrase "fucking idiot" for reasons that are completely irrelevant to this story and Turtle picked it up with his bat hearing and started gleefully shouting "fu-ing i-ee-ut!" from the back seat.....the look on Oscar's face made it entirely worth the fact that I will now have to get Turtle to un-learn that phrase.)

So I thought perhaps I would write about how excited I am that McMama and McPapa and Oscar's Sister the Youngest arrive tomorrow. But anyone who follows this blog knows that already, and there isn't much more to say about it. The only thing I could add to that would be SOMETHING IN ALL CAPS AND WITH LOTS OF EXCLAMATION POINTS BECAUSE OMIGOD, THEY'RE TOTALLY GOING TO BE HERE TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can imagine how that really wouldn't interest you at all, and as much as I do this blog thing for me, I totally do it for you and I like to be cognizant of your needs.

So.

I'm afraid I just don't have anything interesting to say tonight. Unfortunate thing, that. I so hate disappointing you by going too long without writing a post.

3 Comments:

At November 18, 2006 6:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a few more hours and we'll be on the plane. I think I have packed enough for two-three weeks! I am so about to SQUEE!!

 
At November 18, 2006 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget my hugs and kisses to the McFamily!

Hunterzmom

 
At November 18, 2006 9:11 PM, Blogger Jenika said...

You crack me up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home