Are You KIDDING Me With This???

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Thanks For, You Know, Reading And Stuff

God, how much do I suck? (Oscar would tell you that last night, I sucked quite a bit, and was damn good at it, too, but that's why we don't let Oscar guest-blog for me. He's a dirty, dirty man and who knows what he might say if I gave him an open forum.) I keep talking about that elusive bathroom post, which I'm sure by now is built up FAR too much in your minds, and when I actually get around to posting it, you're all going to feel extremely let down. Which is perhaps why I haven't posted it yet, because I'm hoping that you'll forget about it, so that when I finally finish writing it, you're wowed by my clever and witty prose instead of disappointed by the way it failed to live up to your expectations. Except that would actually require me to shut the hell up about the bathroom post, already, which I have yet to do, because in some respects, I'm all about the self-sabotage.

Anyway, this is not really about me and my neuroses, this is about you. I was going to let it pass by without comment, but then McMama had to call me out in her comment to my last post. So I suppose I need to say a little something about my blog-iversary. I think I've said many times before that I never really planned to have a blog, and that it caused me a lot of anxiety when I finally started one. Because even though I only had, like, 2 readers in the beginning, those readers were important to me and I never wanted to disappoint them. (Heh. God, was I naive, or what?) Well, a year later and I'm disappointing people left and right (I'm sorry dykewife! I wish I could post twice a day for you but I just can't. [insert self-flagellation here]) and yet, I somehow manage to continue living with myself. I've always said being a sociopath comes in handy sometimes.

Still, despite the fact that I find it incredibly difficult to live up to not only your expectations of me, but my exceedingly high expectations of myself, I have been incredibly touched by the response I have gotten from those of you who stop by to visit me in my little corner of the blogosphere. And to those of you who have actually posted a comment or written me an e-mail, I can't tell you how much it means to me to hear from you. The internet is a weird place and you never know what kind of people you're going to meet when you start talking about yourself online (except that they're all voyeurs to some extent) but everyone who has reached out to me has been very kind and, well, so normal. Well, except you. You know who you are.

You are the best audience a girl could hope for. I appreciate your kind words and support. Here's to another year of blathering on about random minutiae in a, hopefully, clever and witty way! Cheers!

1 Comments:

At March 03, 2007 8:23 PM, Blogger Nate said...

God, an anniversary post and no comments?

Well, happy blog-iversary.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home