Are You KIDDING Me With This???

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Illness Central, Population: 2

Thanks to my little germ factory, I am once again sick with a flu or cold-like illness. The timing of this particular celebration of bacteria is particularly unfortunate because I was supposed to go to the Diamondbacks game tonight and meet Hotass's new...boyfriend?...guy friend with whom she frequently swaps spit?...lov-ah? They have yet to grace their new status with any kind of label, so suffice it to say I was supposed to meet the new man in her life this evening.

Instead, I was stuck at home, watching Good Eats (he made crepes tonight! And I don't think I have time to make crepes this weekend! GAH!) and wishing for death to come quickly. Unfortunately, Turtle is rebounding from his Viruspalooza experience much faster than I am, which means that it will probably linger in me ten times longer, as I will not have the advantage of being able to sleep my way to good health. Instead, I will be chasing a three year old with unlimited energy around the house until I collapse and Oscar comes home to find the cats eating my remains and Turtle eating all the candy that I don't let him eat when I'm not lying dead on the floor. (Oh, don't mind me. I just get morbid when I don't feel well.)

All this by way of saying that I will return when I don't feel like death warmed over. Thanks.

1 Comments:

At April 11, 2007 9:15 PM, Blogger dykewife said...

can you dum said germ factory off with a grandparent for a day so you can just sloth about and sleep? parenting while ill sucks.

the bad news (i enjoy being the bearer of bad news) is that when he starts school, he'll bring home twice to three times as many communicable illnesses including ones that aren't related to germs...head lice. fun? not!

i hope you get to feeling better soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home