Are You KIDDING Me With This???

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

YAY! Vacation!

Well, I may be a bundle of neuroses, but at least I have something to look forward to: my upcoming trip to New York to visit with McMama. In less than a month, Turtle and I will be boarding a plane to enjoy almost two weeks getting spoiled by Oscar's family. Not to say that visiting with Oscar's family doesn't come with its own bundle of neuroses. After all, McMama has a new playmate in Oscar's step-brother's wife, and I'm feeling an intense need to pee on her so she remembers that SHE WAS MINE FIRST! But I've been practicing my growling and spitting, so I think I'm completely prepared to meet the challenge.

I always look forward to my visits with Oscar's family, and this trip is no exception. We don't really have many plans at this point, although McMama has, out of deference to me, made some noise about finding a gym so we can work out together. Of course, I'm not feeling too confident about the odds of that actually happening, particularly since she whimpers and starts calling out for her mommy every time I talk to her about my workout routine. But I suppose those two weeks away would be a nice first step towards dealing with the fact that my obsession with my weight/working out/diet is bordering on the unhealthy. In fact, I'm thinking that perhaps I need to suggest that McMama and I go to a movie while I'm there, since the last time we went to a movie together, we polished off a huge bag of popcorn and a few packages of candy, not to mention the two vats of soda. We could consider it a nod to my mental health. (I'm all about the creative justifications.)

I just wish we could figure out a way to split our time between our home here and their home there a little more effectively throughout the year, because this "only getting to see Oscar's family a couple weeks a year" thing is SO not working out for us. And yet, moving to New York completely would just cause the same problem in reverse, in that we wouldn't be able to see MY family more than once a year. It's a crappy situation, frankly. Can't someone invent a transporter device, already, so Turtle and I could pop in and out at McMama's house for the day and be back in time for dinner? Please get on that.

Anyway, I'm hoping that by the time we leave for the airport, I will be in a slightly more stable mental state, but if not, I will look forward to the time on McMama's porch to cure my ills. And hell, even if it doesn't cure my ills, the week I spend out in New York ahead of Oscar will certainly cure HIS ills. After all, sending the crazy lady away for a week does make the heart grow fonder. Or something like that.

2 Comments:

At May 23, 2007 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now, now. You know as well as I do that sending you away does very little for my own sanity. Sure, it gives me some more free time, but it still throws off our family rhythm & I'm a mess for a few days.

Anyhow, you're not that crazy. Just "goofy".

 
At May 24, 2007 6:22 PM, Blogger dykewife said...

have fun! remember, you must blog a bit to let everyone know how much you're enjoying your little self.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home