Are You KIDDING Me With This???

Monday, June 04, 2007

Would You Like Fries With That?

Turtle is testing out a new career path this week. Not that he's given up on being a sniper or a serial killer, but he is considering alternate vocations of the variety that won't get him arrested. This week it's food service. Yesterday, he picked up his doodle pad, walked over to me and asked what I would like to eat. He made notations on his pad, then walked into the kitchen and came back to hand me imaginary platters full of food. And a glass of ice water. Because if nothing else, he is expert at keeping my water glass full.

This probably would have entertained him for hours, this taking of our dinner orders, but Oscar and I started to run out of things we wanted to eat, even in an imaginary sense. We ordered steak, sushi, grilled salmon, tortilla-crusted tilapia, roasted vegetables, squid salad, glasses of wine, and pretty much everything else we could think of to order because no matter how many times Turtle made his notations on his doodle pad, it was never enough.

Still, I'm thinking that he is ill-suited to the food service industry. As much as he seemed to enjoy taking our orders and as efficient as he was at serving our food in a timely manner, there remained one significant problem: no matter what we ordered, Turtle brought us hot dogs and water. So unless he's aiming no higher than a job at Wienerschnitzel, I'm thinking he's better off sniping. If I start saving my money now, I might even be able to afford his bail.

2 Comments:

At June 05, 2007 8:35 PM, Blogger dykewife said...

did you order jelly fish salad? really, it's a real dish. i even have the recipe.

 
At June 05, 2007 11:26 PM, Blogger Cymber said...

Did you miss the part where I talked about ordering things I WANTED to eat? Because I really don't think that I am interested in eating jellyfish salad, even in an imaginary sense. Yikes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home