Are You KIDDING Me With This???

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Current Conditions: 89 Degrees and 42% Humidity

I was commenting recently to Snark's Mistress that I seem to be living my life in ALL CAPS lately, because some kind of exciting things have been happening. Not exciting enough to report on, clearly, but exciting enough that while IMing Snark's Mistress during the day, I would put the caps lock on to convey my news. However, because I am Karma's bitch, I am today living my life in ALL CAPS for another reason. That reason being:

MY AIR CONDITIONING IS OUT AGAIN!!!!! IT'S 109 DEGREES OUTSIDE!!!! ARE YOU FRICKIN' KIDDING ME WITH THIS?????

So yeah, apparently the guy who came out on Saturday to fix my air conditioner was overly optimistic in his appraisal of how long the charge would last in my unit. Either that, or he was seriously deluded as to the size of the leak in my unit. Either way, I'm singing the "It's 90 degrees in my house" blues. (Oh, and while we're on that subject, and please forgive me for sidetracking but I have to get this out, I was on the phone with Mama Jo earlier, discussing the situation and she asked how warm it was. At that point, the thermostat was reading 86 degrees. So she says "Oh, that's not bad at all." To which I responded, "Not unless you're sitting in it." Because while, yes, 86 degrees outside, with the birds chirping and the water babbling in the brook and the breeze blowing, is a perfectly acceptable temperature, 86 degrees INSIDE, with the stuffy and the yucky and the "nowhere to go because it's only worse OUTSIDE" is NOT not bad. In fact, it sucks. A lot. So I love you Mama Jo, but I am sticking out my tongue in your general direction because WHO SAYS that 86 degrees isn't bad to a person whose a/c is out in 110 degree weather? GAH!) (Okay, thank you. I'm better now.)

On the bright side, when I realized this morning that our air was having problems again, I called Snark's Mistress and pleaded the pleas of the desperate for her to babysit my kid until the a/c tech could get there at some point between 9:00am and 1:00pm to fix my air and make my house liveable again, and she said "But of course!" And then, when the a/c tech called and said he was finishing up another job and would probably be here closer to 2:00pm, Snark's Mistress felt my pain and reassured me that Turtle was doing just fine there with her. And then, when the a/c tech called and said he had to go get a part to finish up the other job and would probably be leaving that location at 3:15pm, Snark's Mistress joined me in a bitchfest of epic proportions, but was still happy to keep Turtle with her instead of subjecting him to the torture I am currently enduring.

So at least there's that.

Anyway, it looks like the leak was easily identified this time around and the a/c tech will soon be able to fix it. Of course, that means that we completely wasted a few hundred dollars on Saturday by charging it again in the first place, but on the other hand, we don't need a new compressor, so we'll be thanking our deity of choice for that. And now I think Oscar and I are about due for a serious discussion as to why it is, exactly, that we live here and what kind of brain damage we might be suffering from that is preventing us from making the perfectly logical decision to get the hell out of here. I'm thinking at least one of us must have a tumor.

1 Comments:

At July 19, 2007 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Technically, we both have a tumor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home