Are You KIDDING Me With This???

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Go Rockies!

I kind of feel like I need to tip my hat to the Rockies today. I was thinking about doing it yesterday, when I read about their 22-inning marathon against the Padres. 22 innings is a hell of a lot of work, and the fact that they were able to pull off a win makes me feel validated in my assessment of them as the D-backs's toughest competition in the division this year. But today? Today, I especially need to tip my hat to the Rockies, because their opponent in that 22-inning marathon was the Padres. And the Padres were in Phoenix last night, getting their asses spanked all over Chase Field by my D-backs. So I have to feel that the Rockies had a little something to do with our win. Not that we couldn't have finished the Padres off on our own. But when you're playing a team that was on the field until the early hours of the morning for a game they lost, and didn't even get into your town until 4:00 in the morning for your 6:40pm game later that day, you really have to believe that you weren't playing a team at their best. So thanks for the assist, boys. Just don't think that's going to mean we're going easy on you this season.

1 Comments:

At April 19, 2008 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen to that! any by the way, did you see how the Rockies handled Houston, in Houston, after having to engure similar conditions the Padres were wining about! This whole d-backs - rockies rivalry is going to be fin this year!

Your Denver Admirer, or more grammaticaly correct -- Your Admirer from Denver!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home