Are You KIDDING Me With This???

Monday, October 06, 2008

Status: Annoyed

(Insert usual lame excuses here as to why I haven't been around lately. Bonus points if you come up with a more creative and, yet, still plausible excuse as to why I haven't been around lately. No points if you just scowl and make some kind of sarcastic remark about how I haven't been around lately. Negative points if you manage to make it sound, in the process of not making ANY excuses as to why I haven't been around lately, like I have no life and therefore no excuse for not being around lately.) (And now, on to actual content...)

Baseball:
You know, when we were doing well, I thought "Yay! I knew we were going to have a great shot at contending this year!" Then, after April and after it all started going to hell, I thought, "It's okay. We're still in first in the division and nothing matters until after the All Star Break, anyway." Then after the All Star Break, when we were still in first place in the division but we were still tanking, I thought "Well, at least we're still in first in the division.... I guess.... I mean, they'll start recovering soon, right? Look at the April we had! We'll pull it out when it counts!" Then, when the Dodgers acquired Manny Ramirez (or MAN-RAM!, as Mark Grace likes to call him) and we were still tanking, I thought "Oh CRAP!" And then when the Dodgers took over first place, and I realized we weren't going to recover, I thought, "Well, I guess there's next year."

Seriously, though. What happened to my team? Why did they have to make my cry and scream and rend my garments like that? More than that, why did they have to crash in such a spectacular fashion? Seriously, whoever it was that said that Manny Ramirez deserved to be the Dodgers MVP only because they couldn't exactly give it to the Diamondbacks wasn't joking. Unfortunately. *sigh* Here's to next year. May we not suck nearly as badly, or, alternately, may we suck a lot up front so my expectations won't be as high and it won't be such a shock when we end up embarrassing ourselves.

September:
September was kind of the Month of Suck for us, in more ways than just a baseball fan capacity. I was in Urgent Care three times in two and a half weeks. The first time, they gave me antibiotics for a sinus infection, ear infection, and eye drops for conjunctivitis (pink eye, for those of you without children in the house). The second time, they gave me even stronger antibiotics for the tonsillitis. And the third time, they took x-rays for a possible fracture that ended up being either tendonitis or a sprained wrist. Honestly? I could have done without all of that. Having my body fail me in such spectacular fashion was not good for my confidence level. And we won't even discuss what it did for my PTO time at work. I'm crossing my fingers that nobody else in my house gets sick or otherwise requires my work-time attention so I can still take some time off at Christmas. I'm sure there will be many cookies to consume and I take my cookie consumption seriously.

Politics:
Quite frankly, I'm not even sure how to express my utter and complete weariness with regard to the current election coverage and political campaigning. Not only because it's EVERYWHERE but it's so ANGRY. I haven't seen a single conversation about people's political ideals without someone at some point frothing at the mouth and screaming about how the country will go to hell if "that guy" is elected. And the thing is, sometimes that person is me. I need this election to be over soon so my blood pressure can stabilize because honestly? It alarms me a little that the staff at the urgent care know me by name.

2 Comments:

At October 19, 2008 7:10 PM, Blogger Flip said...

Welcome back.

You don't need any excuses...you've got a life!

Hope you and the family are well.

Hugs from F

 
At August 04, 2009 8:38 PM, Blogger Cricket said...

For real? October of OH-EIGHT?!
I know you spend alot of time on the ol internet.... why aren't you blogging about stuff? and don't tell me you have nothing to say(Landmark, cough cough....)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home